First Ever Uk Theme Park Visitor And Attraction Awards
The first ever UK Theme Park & Visitor Attraction Awards sponsored by Attraction World wereheld in July at the luxurious 5 star Sofitel at Heathrow T5. The winner's trophies were presented by the glamorous Heather Small, best known for being the lead singer in the group M People. But also well known as a UK ambassador for the Awards chosen charity, Barnardo's. Heather was assisted by Tony Seaman, Group Sales & Marketing Director of Attraction World.
The winners of the various categories were:
UK Theme Park categories
- AUK Theme Park of the Year Winner - Chessington World of Adventures
- Best Theme Park for Customer Service Winner - Chessington World of Adventures
- Best Waterpark Winner- Sandcastle Waterpark
UK Visitor Attraction categories
- Adventure Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - Go Ape
- UK Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - Manchester United Football Club
- Best Customer Service Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - The Science Museum
- Most Innovative Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - Manchester United Football Club
- Children's Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - Shetland Museum & Archives
- Education Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner - W5 Science Museum
- Best Museum or Gallery Winner - Shetland Museum & Archives
Don Hales, Chairman of Awards International, the event organisers said that "Judges were impressed with the high standard of entry submissions which were exceptionally high for the first year of a new award programme. The entries demonstrated a real commitment to delivering an excellent customer experience, through good value, entertainment and in many cases education, and innovation."
"The visitor attraction industry can point to good visitor numbers in 2010 and 2011 as the effect of the recession has been to compel more people to stay in the UK for their holidays. The acid test will be whether visitor numbers will continue to increase when the economy recovers and more Brits holiday abroad. The award winners announced here can be confident that their efforts will continue to attract visitors as the word spreads quickly about the fantastic experience provided by these outstanding organisations"
Jon Fish, Marketing Director at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, says, "We were delighted to be voted UK Theme Park of the Year and Best Theme Park for Customer Service 2010. We pride ourselves on our high standards and so to receive such great accolades really is testament to the hard work and dedication that our staff have invested into making Chessington World of Adventures Resort Britain's Wildest Adventure
Tony Seaman, Group Sales and Marketing Director-Attraction World said "We are proud to be one of the founding sponsors for these new and exciting awards. This is a fantastic platform for Attractions and Theme Parks in the UK to be recognised for service and innovation."
Attraction World is the market leading ticket seller through the UK travel trade.
For further information or interview opportunities contact: